The QA Lead is a principal member of the engineering team that builds enterprise PaaS enabling organizations to manage their applications, both on premises and in the cloud. The QA Lead reports to the Director of Product Development.
The QA Lead’s main responsibility is to make sure that the organization produces software that meets business needs, performs well, is easy to master and maintain. To achieve that, they fine-tune organizational processes and provide tools for the rest of the team, while ensuring that specifications make sense, developers test their code exhaustively, and user documentation does its job. A successful candidate is expected to be hands-on, leading by example and constantly improving his skills as well as helping his colleagues to grow professionally.
The system under test comprises a web-based portal with a single-page client application, a complex distributed JVM/Scala-based back end and an on-premises agent. The system is hosted in the cloud, relying on a highly automated deployment/configuration management procedure.
• Perform ongoing quantified assessment of product quality
• Sign off releases and new functionality on a regular basis
• Define quality assurance strategy, covering everything from requirements gathering to operations and production support
• Work with engineering leads and product owners on designing new functionality
• Create and audit test plans, asses coverage, work with development team on filling the gaps
• Provide technical guidance in test automation to the engineering team
• Oversee ongoing development from the QA perspective, review documentation and test cases
• Oversee performance and security testing
• Implement critical automated tests, design and implement automation frameworks
• 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
• Basic Linux administration skills
• Good command of at least one programming language
• Hands-on experience in functional and performance test automation
• Ability to communicate in written and spoken English
• Solid understanding of web security
• System architecture background, understanding the reasons behind technical decisions with respect to functional, performance and availability requirements
• Solid understanding of SDLC
• Python experience
• JVM/Scala experience
• Shell scripting skills
• Experience with UI testing automation frameworks: Selenium/CodedUI or similar
• Experience with load testing tools: Gatling, LoadRunner or similar
• Distributed systems background
• Understanding of UX do’s and dont’s
• Familiarity with DevOps practices and configuration management tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
• Experience with AWS, Docker, and virtualization in general.
• Basic understanding of project management: planning, estimating, critical path assessment, resource allocation
• Familiarity with ISO 27001/SOC2 standard requirements